Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

I am a Box Hunter

Here is my kill!

It was suggested by a friend that I go to a local craft megastore and ask in the framing section for extra boxes. Since these boxes are made for frames the idea is that my pictures would fit into them nicely. I was driving past it on Friday and decided to stop and see. Boy, did I choose the right day. The store was restocking in every section and there were boxes everywhere. I headed straight for the framing section and the nice employee told me she could give me the smaller boxes but they had to reuse the larger ones. She gave me a good stack and told me to try other sections for more boxes. I took my haul to the car and returned for more. 
I talked to 6 different craft store employees in a few different sections and got 6 different responses. The first, as you already read, gave me a few smaller boxes with no problem, and they ended up being a great size. The second told me that none of the boxes were empty yet and to call back on a later day. I talked to employees number 3 and 4 simultaneously,  as employee 3 rushed to the back to find me two large boxes, number 4 told me that they don't give away boxes because they get money for them.  Employee number 3 returned form the back and handed me the large boxes and I took my second haul to the car. I decide to try my luck one last time. 
Employee number 5 said no, they crush ALL there boxes which seemed a waste to me. The last, Employee number 6 was a loving woman stacking yarn in the back of the store. I humbly asked her if they were able to give away their boxes because I knew some stores didn't allow it. "Of course we do, let's go box hunting" she said. She filled up two huge boxes with smaller boxes and helped me drag them to the front of the store. We even had Employee number 5 call out something as we passed, but this nice lady, employee number 6 kept her head high and didn't miss a step as she called back something about the boxes being empty. 
I drove home as proud as a peacock. It was my first time hunting, and I was coming home with a car full of my quarry.

No comments:

Post a Comment